- About Us
- Weekly Choirs
- Summer Camp
- Do You Hear My Voice?
- Choir Leader in a kayak
Happy Family Camp 2020
Set in the Surrey Hills, AONB
17-19 July 2020
New for 2020! Creative writing and Drama workshops with “Ella on the outside” and “Not my fault” author Cath Howe.
To book your place simply email email@example.com with all camper names and age of children at time of camp (not at time of booking).
Bookings for our 11th Annual camping weekend are now open. We are delighted to welcome newcomers.
Workshops this year will include
Singing (with Singing it back Founder and camp curator Mary Bourne)
Yoga (with Yoga Flow teacher Tanya Buck)
Drumming (with Heike’s Drum circle)
Circus Skills (with Carolina Fandino, Aerial silks)
“Ella on the outside” Drama and Creative writing (with author Cath Howe “Ella on the outside” and “Not my fault”)
Weekend price includes all workshops which are open to complete beginners.
Own camping equipment is required. This camp is restricted to less that 200 people. Hot showers, car free camping zone, open fires, open water for wild swimming. Kids choirs, Kids arts and crafts, Kids sports. Family challenges, Communal BBQ, Camps got talent show. All workshops take place undercover.
Make Dens, Make friends, Make music, Make Memories.
Adult : £75 , Child £45, Family (2 ad, 2ch) £230. Under 5’s free. NO DOGS.
To book your place email firstname.lastname@example.org with all camper names + children’s ages.
- Q :Is there still space at camp 2020? A: Yes but bookings can ONLY be made in advance. We won’t permit any gate arrivals.
- Q : Where is the camp/ A: set in the beautiful Surrey Hills, AONB just outside Farnham.
- Q : Is the camp only available to a guest list? A : No, not at all. Camp is open to anybody, although we do tend to have a lot of repeat clients many of whom have become good friends. The camp has a very friendly feeling and is very welcoming to all guests. Some have been coming for many years, others will be joining us for the first time. The camp curator Mary Bourne takes all bookings personally and is aware of everybody at camp. She is very proud to curate, manage and direct a camp that is a fun, lively, happy carefree place to be for the weekend.
- Q : Do I have to sing? A : Not unless you want to. There’s so much to do during our weekend and singing is just one element. It’s great fun and many who come along and sing for the first time find themselves joining a choir as a result.
- Q : What other workshops/activities happen over the weekend? A : Our workshops this year include Yoga, Singing, Drumming, Ukelele and Circus skills. Additionally we have some fabulous supervised activities for the children including Arts & Crafts, Sports and team games.
- Q : Do I need to have my own camping equipment? A : Yes. You’ll need a tent, some sleeping bags and something to cook with. A small gas stove plus a couple of disposable BBQs can be a cheap option if you haven’t got a lot of camping gear. We always recommend bringing folding camping chairs and investing in some decent camping mats or small framed camping portable camping beds.
- Q : Is your camp very busy, how many people usually attend? A : Our camp is really well managed and we are keen to keep it a lovely place for children to run free, for parents to have some time to relax or time to try out a new skill. We like lots of green space rather than a ‘tent-to-tent’ feel. With this in mind, our camp is kept to less than 200 people. This way we can offer a really personal service. The children feel safe amidst a privately managed event and families feel they that can get to know others in our close camp community.
- Q : Is there a noise curfew? We run a lively camp during the day and at night the atmosphere is very chilled and relaxed. We don’t allow amplified music onsite and the evenings are usually spent around a campfire with 100 or so other people, roasting marshmallows. sharing stories, singing songs, watching the stars. It’s a wonderful opportunity to share time with the children, or share a beer with a newly found friend. The camp tends to be very quiet from 11pm with a few early risers around 7am.
- Q : Do I have to bring my own food? A : Yes, you’ll need to bring food for the following; Friday teatime, Saturday Breakfast, lunch and Communal BBQ (we provide the coals and equipment, you cook what your family likes and bond with another parent whilst burning the sausages). Sunday Breakfast and lunch.
- Q : What time does camp start and finish? A : We accept arrivals from 3pm on Friday 17th July with arrivals no later than 9pm. Camp finishes at 4pm on Sunday 19th July
- Q : Can I leave my car next to my tent? A : When you first arrive, you can take your car and find a pitch of your own choice. Once you’ve unloaded and set up home, you can find a parking space in our parking field (2mins walk) where your car will remain until Sunday. This way, we enjoy a car free zone and enjoy the stunning scenery around us. We love for the children to have as much space as possible and by keeping the cars just a few metres away, we can avoid lots of opening and shutting of car doors.
- Q : I have a small camper van, can I bring it? A : We will certainly allow small camper vans but do need to be made aware at your time of booking. Camper vans will be kept to a manageable number.
- Q : What is “camps’ got talent”? A : Well, you’ve heard of Britain’s got talent and this is our very own Saturday night version. Set in the stunning medieval barn, feel free to share a story, a joke, a dance routine, a song or a stunt. Bring along your instrument and start a scratch band which can be shared with others. It’s a memorable part of our weekend. It’s not judged and there’s no Simon Cowell or Cash prize. Just a wonderful opportunity to be in the spotlight for a night. Great fun for all ages.
- Q : I’m coming camping at Mellow Farm anyway, can I just join in with your activities? A : If you have made a booking directly with Mellow Farm, you will simply be camping in one of their other fields. Our event is for pre-booked customers only and we have a dedicated field, barns and indoor workshop space for our customers. If you want to join in with our event, then you’ll need to book directly with us.
- Q : Do you have open fires? A : Yes, we permit open fires in dedicated areas. We will provide wood and light fires each evening
- Q : I’d love to book, how do I do that? A : Send an email with all camper names and ages of any children to email@example.com. Provided we have space, we’ll send you an invoice for full payment which then confirms you booking. Please do NOT arrive at camp without pre-booking with us.
- Q : What’s the best bit about your camp? A : Everything. It’s our very own little bit of heaven. Make music, make dens, make friends, make memories.
We do hope the above answers any questions you may have. Do feel free to send an email if there’s something we haven’t covered, or you are still unsure.
To book your place, simply send
- All names of campers + ALL childrens ages
- You will then receive an invoice on how to make payment which confirms your booking.
Price includes pitch for TWO nights, all workshops and activities. You will need to provide ALL your own camping equipment and food for the duration. All workshops have undercover space and will not be cancelled due to inclement weather.
A wonderful weekend at a personalised camp with less than 200 people. Families, single people, couples who all have a like minded positive attitude to spending time getting to know new people, developing new skills, or simply spending some much needed ‘gadget-free’ time with their friends and families. Kayaking, Yoga, Family Games, Acoustic evenings, Singing, Drumming, Arts, Sports and always a marshmallow to roast! Here’s some footage from last years’ camp to give you a flavour of what’s in store. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnNC9imekfw
Do I have to Sing?
Not unless you want to! Our camp is organised by our Musical Director and attracts lots of families from our choirs. Our Singing workshops are a VERY small part of the camp with around 50% of the lovely people attending coming along to sing. There’s so many other things on offer that if singing is not your ‘thing’ you’ll be in good company with others.
Simply send names of all campers and children’s ages to book your place. Places are limted to under 200 for this cosy camp, so don’t delay book your place today!