Happy Family Camp 2017.
Our 8th Annual Happy Family Camp is just two weeks away, so there’ all sorts of preparation happening at Singing it back HQ. For those who have already booked, or for those who are still considering joining us, here’s a few FAQs
- Q :Is there still space at camp 2017? A: Yes, we currently still have space for a few more (as of 2nd July) but bookings can ONLY be made in advance and we are almost full. We won’t permit any gate arrivals. If you are hoping to join us, then do get in touch by 8th July. Hopefully we can accommodate you.
- Q : Is the camp only available to a guest list? A : No, not at all. Camp is open to anybody, although we do tend to have a lot of repeat clients many of whom have become good friends. The camp has a very friendly feeling and is very welcoming to all guests. Some have been coming for 8 years, others will be joining us for the first time. The camp curator Mary Bourne takes all bookings personally and is aware of everybody at camp. She is very proud to curate, manage and direct a camp that is a fun, lively, happy carefree place to be for the weekend.
- Q : Do I have to sing? A : Not unless you want to. There’s so much to do during our weekend and singing is just one element. It’s great fun and many who come along and sing for the first time find themselves joining a choir as a result.
- Q : What other workshops/activities happen over the weekend? A : Our workshops this year include Yoga, Mindfulness, Singing, Drumming and Circus skill. Additionally we have some fabulous supervised activities for the children including Arts & Crafts, Sports and team games.
- Q : Do I need to have my own camping equipment? A : Yes. You’ll need a tent, some sleeping bags and something to cook with. A small gas stove plus a couple of disposable BBQs can be a cheap option if you haven’t got a lot of camping gear. We always recommend bringing folding camping chairs and investing in some decent camping mats or small framed camping portable camping beds.
- Q : Can we use the kayaks onsite? A : Yes, kayaks will be available for use. You will be required to sign a waiver on arrival at camp. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times when in the water.
- Q : Is your camp very busy, how many people usually attend? A : Our camp is really well managed and we are keen to keep it a lovely place for children to run free, for parents to have some time to relax or time to try out a new skill. We like lots of green space rather than a ‘tent-to-tent’ feel. With this in mind, our camp is kept to less than 200 people. This way we can offer a really personal service. The children feel safe amidst a privately managed event and families feel they that can get to know others in our close camp community.
- Q : Is there a noise curfew? We run a lively camp during the day and at night the atmosphere is very chilled and relaxed. We don’t allow amplified music onsite and the evenings are usually spent around a campfire with 100 or so other people, roasting marshmallows. sharing stories, singing songs, watching the stars. It’s a wonderful opportunity to share time with the children, or share a beer with a newly found friend. The camp tends to be very quiet from 11pm with a few early risers around 7am.
- Q : Do I have to bring my own food? A : Yes, you’ll need to bring food for the following; Friday teatime, Saturday Breakfast, lunch and Communal BBQ (we provide the coals and equipment, you cook what your family likes and bond with another parent whilst burning the sausages). Sunday Breakfast and lunch.
- Q : What time does camp start and finish? A : We accept arrivals from 3pm on Friday 14th July with arrivals no later than 9pm. Camp finishes at 4pm on Sunday 16th July.
- Q : Can I leave my car next to my tent? A : When you first arrive, you can take your car and find a pitch of your own choice. Once you’ve unloaded and set up home, you can find a parking space in our parking field (2mins walk) where your car will remain until Sunday. This way, we enjoy a car free zone and enjoy the stunning scenery around us. We love for the children to have as much space as possible and by keeping the cars just a few metres away, we can avoid lots of opening and shutting of car doors.
- Q : I have a small camper van, can I bring it? A : We will certainly allow small camper vans but do need to be made aware at your time of booking. Camper vans will be kept to a manageable number.
- Q : How much is the weekend? A : The cost of the weekend is £70 adult. £45 child. £200 family (2adults 2 children). Under 5s are Free. The price includes all workshops. There are no catering suppliers or bars at our camp, so you should not anticipate needing any extra funds once with us.
- Q : What is “camps’ got talent”? A : Well, you’ve heard of Britain’s got talent and this is our very own Saturday night version. Set in the stunning medieval barn, feel free to share a story, a joke, a dance routine, a song or a stunt. Bring along your instrument and start a scratch band which can be shared with others. It’s a memorable part of our weekend. It’s not judged and there’s no Simon Cowell or Cash prize. Just a wonderful opportunity to be in the spotlight for a night. Great fun for all ages.
- Q : I’m coming camping at Mellow Farm anyway, can I just join in with your activities? A : If you have made a booking directly with Mellow Farm, you will simply be camping in one of their other fields. Our event is for pre-booked customers only and we have a dedicated field, barns and indoor workshop space for our customers. If you want to join in with our event, then you’ll need to book directly with us.
- Q : Do you have open fires? A : Yes, we permit open fires in dedicated areas. We will provide wood and light fires each evening
- Q : Do you have camp 2018 dates yet as I can’t come this year? A : Yes, our camps are always booked up well in advance. The 2018 dates will be 13-15July2018 with bookings available from Feb 2018.
- Q : I’d love to book, how do I do that? A : Send an email with all camper names and ages of any children to email@example.com. Provided we have space, we’ll send you an invoice for full payment which then confirms you booking. Please do NOT arrive at camp without pre-booking with us.
- Q : What’s the best bit about your camp? A : Everything. It’s our very own little bit of heaven. Make music, make dens, make friends, make memories.
We do hope the above answers any questions you may have. Do feel free to send an email if there’s something we haven’t covered, or you are still unsure.
Happy Camp 2017 is now open for bookings. We are thrilled to be offering a great array of workshops to include Singing, Yoga, Drumming, Stress Management, Circus skills & Family Challenge games. Kids activities will include sports, arts and our acoustic evening, open fires and communal BBQ are the perfect way to make new friends and share stories of the experiences of the day. Our workshop leaders from Circus Suburbia, Singing it back, Drumnosis and Yoga Flow have a wealth of experience and we are delighted that they are able to bring their expertise and enthusiasm to our annual camp.
To book your place email firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Drum Circle & junk percussion
- Circus Skills (with Circus Suburbia)
- Family challenge Sunday (team games)
- Use of kayaks. Onsite wild swimming.
- Use of large Communal BBQs for Saturday night Supper
- Saturday night Camp’s got talent (whoop whoop – you know you want to)
- Open fires each evening (wood provided)
- Farm animal visits
- Arts & Crafts
- Kids singing & skipping games
- Kids Supervised sports and team games
- welcome drinks (Friday night)
- All names of campers + ALL childrens ages
- You will then receive an invoice on how to make payment which confirms your booking.
What to expect
Singing, Kayaking, Arts, Crafts, Open fires, Circus Skills, Yoga, Fun, Games, Lovely people.
A wonderful weekend at a personalised camp with less than 200 people. Families, single people, couples who all have a like minded positive attitude to spending time getting to know new people, developing new skills, or simply spending some much needed ‘gadget-free’ time with their friends and families. Kayaking, Yoga, Family Games, Acoustic evenings, Singing, Drumming, Arts, Sports and always a marshmallow to roast! Here’s some footage from last years’ camp to give you a flavour of what’s in store. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnNC9imekfw
Do I have to Sing?
Not unless you want to! Our camp is organised by our Musical Director and attracts lots of families from our choirs. Our Singing workshops are a VERY small part of the camp with around 50% of the lovely people attending coming along to sing. There’s so many other things on offer that if singing is not your ‘thing’ you’ll be in good company with others.
Memories from Happy Family Camp 15 – 17 July 2016
Such a fabulous weekend…….
Singing, drum and junk percussion workshops, Mindfulness workshops (from Museum of Happiness) Happiness and wellbeing (with Action for Happiness) Circus Skills (with Circus Suburbia), Relax dance kids (with relax kids). Kayaking, arts, acoustic evenings, open fires, marshmallows and all with less than 200 of the loveliest people on the planet. Make dens, make dens, make memories.
Simply send names of all campers and children’s ages to book your place. Places are limted to under 200 for this cosy camp, so don’t delay book your place today!
2016 prices: Adult £70 Child £40 Family (2ad2ch) £190 under 5s (free). This fully inclusive price includes all activities, all workshops, your pitch for 2 nights and firewood. PLEASE NOTE: no dogs will be permitted. ALL MEALS MUST BE CATERED FOR INDEPENDANTLY. Daytripper (Saturday only) £30 adult £15 child
News from 2014 camp